Benfica and Ajax will clash in the first leg of the Champions League last eight on Wednesday night. Full statistics and all current odds can be found at 1xbet mobile app.
Benfica are currently only third in the Portuguese table, 12 points behind the leading side Porto. In such a situation, the Champions League is a chance for the Eagles to brighten the season. Reaching the quarterfinals of the continent’s strongest club tournament would be a major success for the Lisbon side, and getting to Ajax gives Benfica a chance of achieving that goal.
Ajax have won all six of their games in the Champions League group stage. Erik ten Hag’s side are in fine form at the moment, as evidenced by their 10 straight victories by a combined total of 39-1. The Amsterdam side will try to beat Benfica away on Wednesday to take a step towards the Champions League quarter-finals.
– Benfica have only once managed to beat Ajax in European competition (2 draws, 4 defeats).
– Benfica have won 6 of their last 7 home Champions League games, including qualification (one defeat).
– Ajax have won all 6 of their last six games in the Champions League.
– Ajax have won their last 10 matches in all competitions by a combined score of 39-1.
– In the last 4 games between Benfica and Ajax it was a Total Under 2.5 clash.
We think the game between Benfica and Ajax will be productive. We’ll wager on Total Under 2.5 at odds of 1.70.